After having the boys with me 24/7 for 4 weeks, I thought I deserved a break...what's wrong with that thought. Nothing. I dream of watching a movie that does not have animals that talk and I dream of sitting at my favourite coffee shop, Mugg and Bean, and drinking a latte.
So last night I begged the boys to give me 3 hours of freedom. Diego, being older, says sure...you can have some time-out. Dante, on the other hand is not so easy to convince with questions that sound like he's my father and I'm a delinquent teenager. I beg, nag, manipulate, bribe - and I cry out, 'JUST for a Caffe Latte!' My darling Mother-in-Law (MIL) comes to my rescue. I think that after having raised 3 boys herself, she knows the signs of a mother about to turn manic and let loose on the kids. So MIL says, just go to the movies and don't explain anything to them. You don't need their permission. You are 37 yrs old and you are the mother, not the child. Basics, hey? How do we become so stupid?
So I leave. I get in my car and venture out in the pouring rain to the movies.
I end up having 3 hours of freedom, and alas, no Cafe Latte. Mugg and Bean closes early in Port Elizabeth.
No comments:
Post a Comment